Transforming the appearance of the bathroom might seem tedious, but it takes just a bit of time and effort. You can easily give it a facelift via a DIY bathroom vanity. That’s right; you can install it all by yourself without any external help. There are several different pieces available in varying styles, designs, and patterns – you will be spoilt for choice!
Follow this step-by-step method for a DIY bathroom vanity:
- Use a stud locator to find studs in the walls. Align the vanity along the wall with the help of shims and a level.
- Ensure the unit is flush with the wall before anchoring it with wallboard screws.
- Don’t forget to install the faucet before setting up the vanity. An extra pair of hands will be useful while checking the plumbing.
- Use caulk to attach the base to the top and fix the countertop to the wall.
- Fingerprints or excess caulk has to be cleaned up or the vanity’s appeal will be flawed.
Read up in detail about a DIY bathroom vanity before purchasing one so that you know exactly how it is to be installed. If there is an old vanity, it has to be removed properly before the new one can be set up – ensure that you have all the information required.